Where do I even start? I’ve now been at my new job for over a month, and what an interesting experience it has been! The first few days were really rough, and to be honest, I was afraid I had made a mistake in taking the job. They told me that now is the worst possible time to start working at an accounting firm, and I totally believe them. Now, in case you think I’m an adventurous person, let me clarify. I know I worked in retail during the holiday season, and now I’m in accounting during tax season, but believe me, it’s not because I like taking chances and risking my health and sanity. It’s totally a God-thing, because trust me, I never would have chosen this for myself! I don’t like trying new things, and I’m not one of those dare-devil, wonder-what-would-happen-if-I-did-this people. Congrats and prayers to those of you who are, but I’m not. Because of my determined (or stubborn) nature, I can tough it out and accept a challenge, so I decided that even though I felt completely inadequate at my new job, I would give it my best and die trying. (Seriously, at one point, I said “God, just take me now!”) So here I am and in 11 more days it will all be over. My job will probably be totally different then. By the way people, don’t wait until the last minute to get your taxes done, and then get upset that they have to file an extension. And I know you are dying to know how soon your accountant can get them ready, but don’t call and call and call because the secretary who answers the phone is in the middle of a dozen different things and the accountant can’t take every client’s call because they would never get anything done. Also, it’s not a bad idea to take some donuts or cookies by their office, or you could even be creative and give them some candy bars and say “We are thinking of you during crunch time!” Trust me, they will love you forever.
My new co-workers seem to like me…or maybe I should say they like giving me a hard time lol. First of all, they found out I was from Oklahoma (Boomer Sooner!!!), then they found out I am Baptist (most of them are Catholic), and then they found out I was homeschooled…so they are always teasing me about something, but I think they secretly like me in spite of everything else they might say. ;)
We’ve been working on our house a lot lately. Between a full time job and remodeling a house, I am basically never home so I don’t have time to do things like blog, email, etc. lol! I leave the house at 7:30am and sometimes don’t get home until 8:30 or 9pm. I’m pretty much tired all the time, and never really feel like doing anything else. I find myself wishing I could just go home and crawl in bed.
I’m still working in the youth group on Wednesday nights at church. We are finishing up True Love Waits with the junior high girls. It’s been fun, and I’ve gotten to know them a lot better. I also recently started a Bible study with the high school girls, so I’m pretty much maxed-out right now. I sometimes feel like I’ve overcommitted myself, but I feel like this is why God brought me up here, so I’m trusting that His grace is enough to get me through. I would appreciate prayers! :)
I hope to be more consistent with my blogging, but we’ll see how that goes! Blessings to you!!!
2 comments:
it's about time I heard from you! I have been waiting to hear about your job. Glad you like it! See you on Easter.
Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear about your job I have been wondering how it was going. Sounds like it is a fun new adventure in your life. Keep us updated.
Post a Comment