Friday, September 18, 2009

it's time to talk

Here I am again, trying to put words on a page. I’ve been wondering what to say for the last week. I couldn’t get my thoughts to flow together, so this is going to be choppy, but it comes from my heart, so please bear with me.

I’ve discovered that being honest and open about things means taking a chance on being misunderstood. My hope is that through my struggles and challenges and joys and victories I can point others to Christ and reflect His image, but I guess I have not communicated that very well. I’m going to try to explain:

Life is hard (am I allowed to say that?). Christ never promised it would be easy: In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world. (John 16:33) Praise God! He gives me so much hope as I walk this road of life.

I don’t want to be a faker and act like I have it all together. I want to be genuine. I don’t want to be a Christian who pretends to be a perfect person. There are real people in this real world who really struggle with real problems. I believe we need to reach out and relate to them and show them that the heart of Christ is compassionate towards them and He wants to heal their bruises.

Heartbreak is real. Depression is real. Loneliness is real. Illness is real. Painful relationships are real. Seriously, there are so many hurting people in this world…it just breaks my heart. Can you imagine how much more it breaks the heart of God? Who is going to reach out and offer them the hope and love of Christ?

That’s why I write. For me. For others.

My heart’s desire is to bring glory and honor to my Savior. He is more than worthy of our praise, even when we are walking through tough times. He carries us when we are too tired to take another step. He encourages us when we have no one else to turn to. He loved (loves) us when we were (are) still sinners.

I’m not writing this post to defend myself or my actions and say that I’m right and others are wrong. I’m writing this to defend my God. I don’t want to misrepresent Him or bring shame to His name. I’m sorry that I haven’t done a better job of honoring Him.

If you are reading this, and you are going through a hard time, I want you to know that Christ is your Rock and your Refuge. Turn to Him, not from Him.

I’ll end with that. I have some more thinking to do…Is it helpful to be honest and share struggles, or should I only talk about positive things? hmmm… *praying*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we see suffering people around us everyday and God calls on us to offer them hope and a future. Just please don't ever give up on your personal hopes and dreams. Glad your Dad is home and safe.
Aunt Carol

Anita said...

I have had my share (maybe more than my share) of heartbreak in this world but I have found that that is when I have matured the most spiritually. I haven't given up and I hope you don't either. Love ya.....

Lauren said...

Thanks for the comments! I'm grateful to have family who care about me. Don't worry, I haven't given up...I'm hangin in there. :)