I was going to update yesterday, but the internet was down, so I couldn't. I'm just grateful that we still had power because a lot of my friends lost theirs for a while.
I decided to make a valiant effort to go to work yesterday. I looked out the window when I got up and was disappointed to see that the roads looked manageable lol. So, I got up, got ready for work, jumped in my trusty car, backed out of the garage, and got stuck in a snowdrift that used to be the driveway. My dad had shoveled the 5 inches of snow off the driveway the day before, but now there was another 4-6 inches on it. I called my daddy to ask him to come help me get out heehee :), and then exchanged my dress shoes for boots and went out to attack the snow drift IN MY SLACKS!!! I lasted long enough to get it cleared away from my car so I could pull it back in the garage, and then I had to go in because my fingers were numb. Did I mention the wind chill was sub-zero?? I called the office to let them know I was going to be late. My dad got here and we tried for like 30 minutes to get my car up the driveway, but alas! Our efforts were in vain. I had to ride with my dad in his four-wheel drive truck, and after seeing the roads, I was glad I didn't try to drive in my car.
I drove my car to work today, and the roads were better, but I was still very cautious.
This brings back a memory from last winter. It was my last day at Hobby Lobby, and I woke up to find snow covering everything. I decided that wasn't going to stop me from going to work. After all, loyalty and dedication are noble qualities, and I'm no quitter, so I was determined to go, especially since it was my last day. No one was going to call me a wimp!! So I dug my car out from under 6 inches of snow and set off. I didn't get too far down the road before I realized that was THE STUPIDEST THING I have ever done. You see, my family was all gone to Oklahoma for the weekend, and only Kaley was at the house. As I drove by all the cars in the ditch, I realized that could easily be me sitting there, and I would have no one to come get me. Back in Oklahoma, I could have called my Grandpa (or a myriad of other people) and he would have come to my rescue with four-wheel drive. But up here, 10 months ago, I had no idea who I could call to come get me out. The only person I could think of was my pastor. I kept driving because there was no point in turning back, but I was praying like crazing and vowing that I would never try anything like that again!! Ah the lessons you learn when you are young!!
And so the adventure of life continues! :) I hope everyone is staying warm this winter! I'll try to post again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment