Monday, June 14, 2010

St. Louis

My friend, Jessi, and I went to St. Louis over Memorial weekend to visit our other friend, Tash. Here are some pics from our fun getaway.



I took a lot of pics while we were an our outings. There were so many cute houses and picturesque views! :)











We went on a "suicide tandem bike ride." None of us had ever ridden a tandem bike before, but we thought how hard could it be? and Jessi and I hopped on. We immediately discovered that (1) riding tandem is very difficult, (2) riding tandem is very dangerous, and (3) we would need to make some adjustments in order to ride the bike. So we got out the tools and 30 minutes later lol finally set off. About two miles into the ride, we had a "mishap" and the person in back (which happened to be me) was thrown off the bike. Thankfully, there were no broken bones, just scrapes and bruises (and yes, it did hurt because I hit the ground very hard since we were going rather fast). Well, when you get bucked off, you're supposed to get right back on so that's what I did. We ended up riding eight miles (even with my bum knee), and didn't have any other problems. Should you choose to ride a tandem bike even after hearing this story, I would highly recommend that you wear a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and perhaps even opt for the long pants. Just a suggestion...I still have lovely bruises two weeks later. :) Gotta love the memories!



Other adventures from the weekend include backing along the side of a cliff for about a quarter of a mile (see Jessi's reaction in above picture), and scouting out a so-called "cultish college." It ended up looking like a normal campus, in spite of the "car tents" (see below picture) and strange-looking mosque on the bluff.



















2 comments:

Rachel Marie said...

love the pictures! looks like you had fun. :)

Courtney said...

I went to St. Louis in december. It was fun. Looks like you had a great time.