Saturday, May 7, 2011

I found this quote and love it because it is exactly what my mom is to me:

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."
~Washington Irving


And here are more :)

Sweater, n: a garment worn by a child when its mother is feeling chilly. ~Ambrose Bierce

If you have a mom, there is nowhere you are likely to go where a prayer has not been.
~Robert Brault


And things my mom has said:

"The one who angers you controls you."
"If you can learn to get along with your siblings, you can learn to get along with anybody in life."
"No reciting movies at the [dinner] table!"

I love you, Mom!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lauren. I love you, too! I'm glad you got to come spend the weekend. It was a perfect Mother's Day.
Mom

Lauren said...

I'm glad I got to spend time with you, too! Wish I could have stayed longer... ;(