Friday, August 5, 2011

staying with it

I feel lost.

My sister left Tuesday. My brother left yesterday. My house is quiet and empty. Summer is officially over. Not that I really had a summer - I didn't go anywhere and July was filled with overtime and studying. I am already looking forward to doing whatever I want after I get my degree. haha! It's going to be awhile.

I do have an announcement to make though: I am merely one exam away from finishing my first year!!!!

O.N.E. exam, people!!!!

That is exciting and hugely relieving. It's been three months: a very tough journey. I get a teeny bit scared when I think about the next eighteen or so months. (Which means that I am more stressed and overwhelmed than I want to admit on the world wide web.)

My academic advisor shared this quote with me and it was quite encouraging to me because it came in the midst of difficulties this week.

"Between you and every goal that you wish to achieve, there is a series of obstacles, and the bigger the goal, the bigger the obstacles. Your decision to be, have, and do something out of the ordinary entails facing difficulties and challenges that are out of the ordinary as well. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else."


~ Brian Tracy

That is so, so good. I am going to frame it. No joke. You can too, if you like.

Stay with it. You don't have to be perfect, or have it all together, or do it all by yourself, or be the most bubbly, optimistic person out there who never lets anything get them down. You just need to stay with it. Perseverance - one of the greatest assets.

By the way, pop quiz here, what develops perseverance? Yes, you got it: the testing of your faith. This is gonna make you stronger. Stay with it.

And yes, I am preaching to myself right now. Nice healthy dose of soul talk. ;)

No comments: