Thursday, December 1, 2011

This made me laugh today: a telemarketer called for my boss who was out of the office at the time. I asked to take a message, but of course he didn't want to leave one. Instead, the conversation took a different turn when the guy said:

"So your boss leaves you there by yourself to do all the work, huh? Well, I hope I brightened your day by calling."

So I am thinking: What?? "Brighten my day..." You??

NO JOKE, he really said that!!! Never heard that line before. I didn't even know what to say in response and was trying hard not to burst out laughing at such an absurd statement, so there was an awkward pause and then the conversation got even more bizarre:

Creepy guy: What's your name?
Me: Lauren
Creepy guy: That's a nice name.
Me: Uh, thank you... (I think?)

Don't worry, I wasn't deceived by his attempts at flattery. Ugh. What did he think he would gain by that anyway?? Oh the nerve of some people...

But I have to admit, it did brighten my day because I was laughing about that for a while. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

! Strange. (Or maybe he was a TERRORIST seeking to gather information!!!) *gasp!!* ... Are you sure his name wasn't J. Leonard, the infamous phone prankster?