Monday was a really good day. I was blessed with a super quiet day in the office so I got a lot done; that is very unusual for a Monday, as I am sure most of you know! The weather was also beautiful that day. I caught myself replying to two "How are you doing" questions with "Great!" That left me in a state of shock because I honestly cannot even remember the last time I told someone I was doing "great." It was amazing for that to just automatically pop out of my mouth. I kinda liked it. ;) I could get addicted to that feeling. So I decided to try to make it last all week, and it worked pretty well inspite of very frustrating and difficult moments that threatened to steal my joy. I think when you go through times of absolute desperation and dependency on God to carry you through each moment, the blessing of a good day tastes so much sweeter. I was relishing it. :) Here's to more good days!!
******
On a completely different note: I am currently studying for my Pre-Cal exam (which could leave you wondering how I could have had a decent week lol jk). I gotta admit that even though I love algebra and could do it
all.day.long, I sometimes find Pre-Cal to be overkill...especially after crunching numbers at the office all day. Today, my brain was begging me to stop...ohhh my head hurts. But, back to where I was going with this in the first place...ahem.
(yes, of course I took a picture of it...no, that's not weird...)
My Pre-Cal book made the following statement: "Calculus students work with only a few families of functions - absolute value,
nth root, cubic, quadratic, polynomial, rational, exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric functions."
Only a few?? Is that supposed to be funny? Does anyone else think that list should qualify as
several or
numerous families of functions?
No comments:
Post a Comment