Saturday, September 15, 2012

to my friend on her wedding day


Dear Alicia,

Today you are getting married! I am so excited for you and so honored to be a part of your special day! It brings back a few memories from our high school days. We were so excited about graduating high school, but had no idea where life would take us. You moved to Kansas City to go to school and I ended up following a couple years later when my family moved up to the area. Then I moved back to Oklahoma and now you will be too! Who knows where we will be 6 years from today, but I know that our friendship will continue. It has made it through the years and over the miles, and we have always been able to pick up right where we left off. I think we have a very special friendship…maybe that’s why I dreamed that you got engaged the night before it actually happened! God just wanted to give me advance notice! :)

Your relationship with David is such a beautiful picture of a God-honoring, Christ-centered relationship. I pray God’s richest blessings on you as you begin this new chapter of your life with David. I know you two will do great things for the glory of God.

Thanks for letting me share in the joy of this special time! You are a beautiful bride and I am very happy for you!

Love always,
Lauren

No comments: