Well, I got the job! I was finally able to interview today; he has been so busy with clients that he couldn't get me in before today. It was an easy interview (which I was grateful for after the hour-and-a-half interrogation I had a month ago!). It seems like a good accounting firm to work for, and although I haven't met all of my new coworkers, they seem very welcoming. I'm excited, relieved, and nervous all at the same time. After my interview, I stopped by my current workplace to give my manager my notice. I told my mom I was more nervous about that than the interview. I didn't think my manager would take the news very well, but I prayed, and was pleasantly surprised! She was very nice and was genuinely excited for me, but let me know that they would miss me. She said I don't have to give a full two weeks notice, so next week will be my last week there, and I'll start my accounting job on Monday, March 2. Whew. What a relief! By the way, I got this job after looking for 2 months and getting turned down 19 times. Oh yeah, and six months ago today was my first day on the job up here in my new world...
Other news: we closed on our house a week ago, and have started cleaning it. We will be doing some minor repairs, and as of now, are planning to move in the end of April. Does it ever seem to you like everything happens all at once???
Oh yes, I had to share these pics with you! I was babysitting on Valentine's Day because our church was having a marriage seminar at the church. Since I love photography and the kids were really cute, I took my camera along, and since I love photography and the kids were really cute lol, I thought I would show you some of my fav pics of them. Did I mention the kids are cute??




6 comments:
Congratulations, Lauren!
I know second-hand how trying it can be to apply, interview, keep applying, keep interviewing, and seemingly get rejected by everyone. That's how Charles has had it for the past 5 months or so. (Engineering places usually hire well before graduation) He finally did get a good job in OKC that we are very thankful for. I'm so excited for you with your new job and your family's "new" house! I've been praying for you, following your blog, and hearing stuff from Bandy, too. Maybe I need a blog. :) Anyway, I was so happy to read that you got a job doing what you wanted!
Tell your family I said "Hi!"
~Lindsay :)
Congrats on your job and perseverence! and on your new house. What an exciting time in your life. Did you get your bday card yet?
Congratulations Lauren! I hope you love your new job. It should be a fun new adventure. The kids in the pics are really cute.
Congratulations, Lauren! Way to go! Have a blast at your new job!
I am so happy for you! I understand what you have gone through, I am in the middle of the same transition now, looking for a new job ect...God is good!
Hey Lindsay! It's great to hear from you! Yes, you should definitely get a blog, and then I can keep updated on what's going on in your world. Sounds like you've been going through a lot lately! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers! Tell my home state "hi" for me. lol :)
Love, Lauren
Post a Comment