Saturday, October 3, 2009

Omaha Adventure

Some of my friends and I went to the Omaha Zoo on Friday. It was cold, windy, and rainy, but I had so much fun! It is a really neat zoo; definitely a place to add to your list of things to see if you haven’t been there yet. I would love to go back sometime, especially with my family.

We started off our trip by stopping at a gas station for pop so we could use the coupon Melissa had lol, and we parked by this sign:


That’s when I knew it was going to be an exciting trip. lol jk!!! I think the sign was there to keep people from leaving their cars at the gas station for extended periods of time. Besides, I knew it would be a fun trip because I love hanging out with my friends…I wasn’t worried about illegal procedures. :) The rest of the trip was normal, except, of course, for the rain, bitterly cold winds, traffic jams, etc!

Here are some of my favorite pics from our memorable zoo trip:













This picture was taken just for Julie. I personally think gorillas are ugly. I mean, come on, how can someone who doesn't like cats think this wrinkled, smelly thing is cute???

I had never seen a black squirrel before...




Missy: Star Trek fan, avid concert-goer, and my comrade-in-arms in the youth group lol!


Melissa: interior designer, loves gardening, hates traffic jams :) and is like an older sister to me.


Julie: can always make me smile, loves cranking up the music in her car, hates cats and cold, rainy days. ;)


Me: but you pretty much already knew that...
























2 comments:

Amy said...

that place is so neat I went with some girlfrinds one time too! It was the best zoo I've ever been too! Oh and I don't like cats but that gorilla was sooo cute... sorry :)

Lauren said...

Yes, I agree, I love that zoo! I think it's my favorite too. But I still don't understand you gorilla lovers... ;)