Monday, November 9, 2009

warning: ultra random thoughts ahead

"There's never a traffic jam on that extra mile."

THINK before you speak. Is it...
True
Helpful
Important
Necessary
Kind

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden, and over-burdened, and I will give you rest and peace for your souls." paraphrasing Matthew 11:28-30

Can you trust God with your treasures???

Taco Bell. Merry-go-round. Not necessarily in that order.

Great-grandparents 70th wedding anniversary

licking vintage stamps

warm November nights

fighting to stay awake at work

Dr. Pepper!!!!

craving cheesecake

Good days don't just happen. You have to make it a great day.

Wanna say hi to me?? All you have to do is move your mouse over to the comments link below this sentence and type a message to me. It doesn't hurt...I promise. lol. :) I miss hearing from y'all. (just had to throw that Okie conjunction in there...)

4 comments:

Rachel Marie said...

Hi Lauren!! :-) sounds like you're having an adventure in Missouri- we miss you back here!

Lindsay said...

Wait-you mean they don't say "y'all" in Missouri?!? What kind of people are these Missourians?

I think it's funny to listen to people who haven't grown up hearing it try to say it--it inevitably turns out to be "ya-all." :) Good Southerners once spent a whole afternoon trying to teach the Californian K-Love DJs how to say it. And don't forget the plural: "All y'all"!

Sorry, I think I'm having random thoughts of my own. :)

P.S. Tell Bandy to check her e-mail; I sent her my new phone number so she can try calling me again.

Lauren said...

It's so good to hear from you, Rachel!! Yes, life has been an adventure, and I miss you guys, too! I still sometimes wonder what in the world I'm doing here! :) Maybe someday everything will make sense...or not lol!

Lauren said...

Hey Lindsay, some "Missourians" say "y'all" but I certainly don't hear it as often as I did in OK. I must admit, I'm slipping a bit, because I don't say it as much as I used to when I lived in OK...peer pressure, I guess lol.

I'll pass the message along to Bandy! :)

ttyl