

I reinstalled my bathroom blinds ALL BY MYSELF. I have done a lot of painting and rearranging ALL BY MYSELF.


I also went to a concert ALL BY MYSELF. I decided that just because I am single and don’t have any friends around here doesn’t mean that I can’t get out and do fun things, so I put on a cute outfit, big earrings, pretty lipstick and left for a night out with Jesus. I was determined to enjoy it, so instead of thinking about how awkward I felt sitting there ALL BY MYSELF, I did some “people-watching.” :) that is always fun! I have discovered that awkwardness knows no limits, but I might as well face it because I can’t avoid it. Maybe I should learn to embrace it!

My house is slowly coming along. I have lived here a week now. Lord willing, I will get to use my tub and shower by Tuesday. I discovered that I am addicted to showers. I only had three showers this week and have been having withdrawals. Do you think I should go to counseling?? I definitely have a greater appreciation for this everyday blessing that I used to take for granted. I am a changed woman. Can you imagine all those people in third world countries who don’t even have clean drinking water, much less hot water for a bath or shower?? So why do I think it is a huge inconvenience to go to my grandparents’ house to take a shower? Thank you Jesus that I am such a blessed American!
BTW, I have to say that there is something freeing about skipping down the driveway in the dark with wet hair and no makeup on. :) Try it sometime, if you dare.
When was the last time you did something ALL BY YOURSELF? :)
“If we have faith in God, adversity is our friend and our ally. If we are guilty of unbelief, adversity is our enemy. Reality is not determined by our circumstances. Reality is determined by our perception of our circumstances. If we have faith in God, we can see our circumstances from His perception and be encouraged. If we do not have faith, we only see our circumstances from our limited perception and we will be discouraged. Each day and each moment of each day we have an opportunity to choose what perception we will have about our circumstances. Jesus stands at the door of our hearts and knocks. His desire is to help us see our circumstances from God’s perception. We must open the door and commune with Jesus to gain God’s perception. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ provides eternal life. But it also provides a view of life from God’s perspective that can lift us up during the most difficult seasons of life. We hope that you know Jesus. He wants to give you His heavenly view!” ~Jerry Wells, Pastor of Western Hills Church – lost his wife to cancer
No comments:
Post a Comment