Since I last posted...
...I went to visit my parents. As I started out on the 6 hour trip, I turned the radio on and the song that was playing was "Long Trip Alone" by Dierks Bentley. How appropriate. There should be a song about road construction; that's what 25% of my drive was. Seriously. (I went home a different way.) Anyway, it was a short weekend visit, but I got to watch my brother play in the homecoming football game, do a friend's hair and makeup for a wedding since she was a bridesmaid, take my mom out to eat for her birthday, take family pictures, meet my best friend for breakfast, and stop for a quick visit with my mema and aunt on the way back.
...I said good-bye to my dad. I won't see him until next year when he gets back from his deployment.
...I started computer classes two nights a week. We are looking at upgrading our computer software at work.
...I went to the funeral for my mom's uncle. While I was there, I got to see the trailer house that I grew up in and the field that our house was in. Ahh the memories.
...I had another flat tire, and had to borrow my grandpa's truck so I could go to the benefit walk/run for Ella Dawn. I walked the 5K and got to visit with some friends that I hadn't seen in a long time.
...I experienced my very first earthquake. It was very strange. As I felt the first wave hit, the whole shop moved and I felt like I was being pushed sideways in my chair. Then I felt the second wave followed by several tremors. I didn't know what it was at first, but was afraid that it was an explosion on a pipeline or tank...or the end of the world.
...I had my first Mary Kay party here in my new town, and have more scheduled so I'm hoping to meet more people and make new friends.
...I had lunch today with my new friend. She is such a blessing and encouragement to me at this time in my life.
3 comments:
Sounds like life is full, Lauren! I know the feeling ;) It was great to see you at Ella's Benefit - even if it was only briefly!
Yes, I was glad I got to see you...wish I could have visited more, but I enjoy keeping up with your happenings on your blog! ;)
sounds like things are better since you moved back to Oklahoma!!!! glad I got to see you
Post a Comment