I was spared once again. The sirens sounded here, but the tornado went north, so all is well here. The residents of Joplin have been on my heart and mind the last couple days. My mom's good friend lives there, and I grew up close by and we were involved in the homeschool group in Joplin. I still drive through there all the time when I am going home to mom and dad's. The devastation there is heartbreaking. My mom's friend said several homeschoolers were killed at play practice Sunday night when the tornado went through. Please pray for the families. We may be helping with cleanup efforts this weekend.
I have been trying to keep up with the fast pace of my life right now. Nine hour work days followed by two hours of studying are killers!!! It is paying off though - I did very well on my first exam and was extremely encouraged. That earned me six credits. It was a two semester course that I was able to do in a little over a week. I celebrated by getting lunch at Sonic...and paid for it with a gift card. I know, I'm really splurging! Next exam: two weeks.
I got that mouse that had been terrorizing me for two weeks. I trapped and disposed of it ALL BY MYSELF, thank you very much.
I had my acting debut Saturday. I was an extra in some scenes they were shooting for the movie. It was a very cool experience. Maybe I will get to be in more scenes before filming ends! I can't wait to see the movie now. :)
Still working nine hour days, but am excited about seeing my family this weekend!!!! Yippee :)
2 comments:
Yippee and CONGRATULATIONS on your exam!!! You will be graduated before you know it ;) So glad you were safe from the storms and that you had fun acting! Yay!
Thanks, Hannah! :)
Post a Comment