Okay, so I thought of this analogy last week and wanted to share it since I thought it was significant.
The incident with the sheriff a couple weeks ago is a lot like conversations the devil has with me. Here's why:
Satan brings many accusations against me. Some of them are wildly untrue. He is the ultimate False Accuser. His motives may not be clear, but he is always deceptive, intimidating, and harassing.
The question God asked me was this: Are you as quick to deny satan's false accusations as you were those of the sheriff?
Ouch.
I didn't believe for a minute that I was going 83mph; why then am I so quick to believe that I am a failure, not good enough, unloved, troublesome, and hopeless? When I am accused of something - by the Biggest Lier Ever - that I know to be false, why do I agree with him? That would be like saying "Your radar said I was going 83? Wow, I didn't know I was going that fast. I must be a terrible driver! I deserve a ticket. How could anyone like me now?" Why don't I confront satan with the truth of God's Word and stand solid and unwavering on that truth?
Maybe I got pulled over and wrongly accused to show me what a pushover I am. Ouch again. I hate to even admit that I am so easily swayed by the lies of the deceiver. No more!!! I will take this lesson to heart and be changed by it. I will become strong in the Truth. I will.
P.S. I mean no disrespect in this analogy; I have a high regard for our officers and am very grateful for everything they do to keep us safe. When my house got broken into, they sent someone out to investigate; I very much appreciated that.
No comments:
Post a Comment