Friday, August 12, 2011

*rain*

This summer has reminded me that rain is one of the
most beautiful things EVER.







There have been soo many grasshoppers...make sure you keep your mouth closed when you are walking through the yard!


Ah yes. I couldn't help it. I slipped my rain boots on and dashed outside to sing and dance in the rain. Good times.




This is for real, people! Seriously, the sun shining through these clouds was amazing.






Okay, now we come to the story of my injury by the deadly umbrella. I had grabbed my umbrella on my way out the door to work this morning because it was pouring. My umbrella is such a cute, innocent looking item; but I now know better. When I got into the office and put my umbrella on the floor, I discovered that my hand was covered in blood. What?? Apparently I had sliced my finger on the umbrella when I was opening it...and didn't even know it...in my mad dash through the downpour, I had not taken the time to look at my hand I guess. Sooo, I had blood on my jeans, my shirt, my phone, my umbrella, my car...yeah.  I had no idea my finger could do that. Since the gash went right across my knuckle, I wrapped it up so that I basically can't move my finger because I want the wound to close up. That made for an interesting day at work. Just imagine for about 15 minutes that you are unable to bend your pointer finger and you will see what I'm talking about. I'm just glad I didn't have to go to the emergency room because I don't need more medical bills right now and I really didn't want to try to explain the situation in the ER. "Well, you see, there was this umbrella..."

3 comments:

Kaley :) said...

HURRAY FOR RAIN!!! And the One Who sends it. :)

Lauren said...

Yes, I have been thanking Him quite a lot!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing that it takes a drought to make us appreciate it? Wow, those cloud pics are amazing! Now, THAT'S what I call some awe-some handiwork! :) ~ b.