The last thing you want to see is a semi-truck headed straight for you. Unfortunately, that's what I saw last night when I came around a curve on a two-lane stretch of highway out in the country. The truck was in my lane passing another vehicle (in a no-passing zone), and the speed limit was 65 but who knows how fast his rig was going. I hit the brakes and headed for the shoulder, trying not to come into contact with the guard rails. I got over just in time. The truck barreled by within inches of me, like a speeding freight train. As far as I can tell, he never touched his brakes. What was he thinking??
I was grateful for the shoulder; most highways out here don't have them. I was also grateful for good brakes (65 to 15 in, like, 4 seconds) and a car that is responsive and handles well (I love being able to feel the road). I was grateful for another chance at life. I once again came close to death, but God still has plans for me. He is not finished with me yet! Every day is a miracle, people. I hope you realize that.
Dear Truck Driver,
I would like to very respectfully point out that you took my life into your hands last night. You would have survived the wreckage because you were driving the bigger object. My mustang and I would have perished, leaving you with a lifetime of regret and my family with a hole in their lives. It also would have been a multiple-car pile-up because there were several vehicles behind you. That situation scared me more than you will ever know. I would have liked to tell you a thing or two, but I will never have that chance. So I will pray for you instead. Go and scare no more.
Sincerely,
Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment