Without faith it is impossible to please God: for whoever comes to God must believe that He exists and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. ~Hebrews 11:6
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Operation Tame-the-Mane
I haven't cut my hair for, well, obviously a few months. I love long hair, but my hair is super hard to take care of and barely looks halfway decent (and the Oklahoma 90% humidity doesn't help anything either). So I decided to chop it all off. Get a summer 'do. Seven inches later...
I only straightened it the first day. The shorter cut didn't really "tame" the mane. So I decided to stop fighting it and just go natural. Crazy hair. Here is what I look really look like (prepare yourself):
What do you think? Better? Or should I have kept the length? It does feel better in this heat and humidity, but I don't know if it improved the look lol. My hair is huge. I could totally do 80's hair if it ever comes back in! I was born for it. (I am not saying I like it...you just can't stop destiny.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I HAD big hair in the 80's and loved my hair then. I still have big hair and wish it would come back in style, lol. I recently complained about my hair (http://sewchic.blogspot.com/2012/04/new-look-6648.html) and got some good suggestions. But like you, I cut my hair and whaddayaknow....I still have thick, big hair that is still hard to manage, but it's just shorter. So I can empathize with you. Like I tell my daughters, "just embrace your big hair!"
BTW, I like the natural look, and I think the short length looks great on you.
super cute!
I know what you mean about 80's hair, Lauren. Apparently my hair was made for that decade, too, although it's NOT my favorite look. Even if it comes back in, I don't think I could do it. But anyway, I do think your hair is cute, especially the "natural look." :)
Love it! I went to the beach a few years ago and realized my hair had good natural curl. I stopped fighting the straightening battle after that. It was the best decision of my life. I love my hair and the humidity just enhances the curl for me! Embrace the natural wave.
Thanks for all the positive comments! Y'all are sweet! :) It's kinda funny to me that many girls curl their hair for special occasions, but for me a special occasion would be having straight hair! That is a rare event and usually only happens on the weekends. ;)
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to stop hiding my real hair all the time and just figure out a way to enhance the natural wave... it's just not a very pretty wave on it's own. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to make it curl!!! :)
Post a Comment