Monday, May 7, 2012

unk-unks

I learned a very sophisticated term from my 900 page corporate finance textbook: unk-unks. I will put that in layman terms for you non-finance people: unknown unknowns. It was used in the context of project analysis, specifically sensitivity analysis. But I have applied it to my own life. I am facing many unk-unks. I don't like them. Not one bit. (This could be a great Dr. Seuss book, dontcha think??)

I started working on my degree last year because I felt the time was finally right. I definitely prayed about it a lot and believed that was what God wanted me to do. So I dove in and worked/studied my little heart out, trying to figure out how to balance full time job, school, and life in general. I gave it my best shot, but that's not quite good enough. I am struggling. Overwhelmed. And my body is shutting down. Apparently you can only burn the candle at both ends for so long...

So I made the oh-so-difficult decision to quit school. Put it back on the shelf again. I'm not sure how many dreams you have to die to before you find the one(s) God intends for you to live out, but I am saying goodbye to yet another one. I have no idea where Jesus will take me from here, all I can see is the step I'm on.

That's a scary place for me to be because there are huge unk-unks lurking around every dark corner, waiting to jump out and grab me. I do not like them, Sam-I-am, I do not like...oh never mind. Unk-unks don't rhyme with that.

This is my prayer while I am surrounded by those terrible unk-unk monsters.

Lest this post bring feelings of depression to you and more unnecessary feelings of depression to me, I will skillfully change the topic: picture time!!


Asparagus is supposed to be a good-mood-food. Since I like asparagus anyway, I knew it couldn't hurt anything, so I've bought a couple pounds of it. I can't tell yet that it has boosted my mood....the jury's still out.


I got flowers at work!


POPS!!!! And Dublin Dr. Pepper. Need I say more?

No comments: