And I sought a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none. ~Ezekiel 22:30
I read this verse in my devotion a few days ago, and it really caught my attention. The context, of course, has to do with the wayward Israelites, but I believe that God will still ask us today to "stand in the gap" at times. It may be interceding for someone, standing in front of satan armed for battle, rebuilding broken relationships, standing for truth, or carrying on His work in a barren land.
I will!! was the battle cry I felt rising in me. I will stand in the gap! I want to be that person He can count on. But how? The power is not in me, I can assure you. I can stand up to satan and put on a brave face, but when he comes with his battering ram and volley of arrows, I fall to my knees, crying to Jesus. Satan knows exactly how to knock me down.
Psalm 18:34-39
He teaches my hands to war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, and Your right hand has held me up; Your gentleness and condescension have made me great.
You have given plenty of room for my steps under me, that my feet would not slip.
I pursued my enemies and overtook them; neither did I turn again till they were consumed.
I smote them so that they were not able to rise; they fell wounded under my feet.
For You have girded me with strength for the battle; You have subdued under me and caused to bow down those who rose up against me.
God of angel armies, teach me how to fight. Train me for battle against the powers of this world. Empower me to hold this position.
"Let us not glide through this world then slip quietly into heaven, without having blown the trumpet long and loud for our Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Let us see to it that the devil will hold a thanksgiving service in hell, when he gets the news of our departure from the field of battle." C.T. Studd
1 comment:
Yes, yes, YES!!!
Post a Comment