This week was the most stressful week of work I have yet experienced. I have no idea how I will survive the next two months, but I am so ready to get out of retail. I lay in bed unable to go to sleep until after midnight, and I'm tortured by thoughts of what I did wrong that day at work. On Thursday, I finally realized I was under spiritual attack. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6:12) For some reason, satan has been trying to pull me down and make me feel like I am failing. He wants me to believe that no matter how hard I try, I will never be good enough at my job or at church with the youth. Once I realized that, it relieved a huge burden, and also gave me reason to rejoice, because I must be causing harm to satan's schemes in order for him to attack me like this. I feel so vulnerable under this spiritual attack, but I know that my God is mighty to save. I keep pressing on, and I don't expect it to get easier, but I've been reminded of who my real enemy is, so now I will be more diligent to guard against his attacks.
I read these verses today in my devotion, and they really describe what I'm going through right now. I thought I would share them with you:
For we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about the affliction and oppressing distress which befell us in [the province of] Asia, how we were so utterly and unbearably weighed down and crushed that we despaired even of life [itself]. Indeed, we felt within ourselves that we had received the [very] sentence of death, but that was to keep us from trusting in and depending on ourselves instead of on God Who raises the dead. [For it is He] Who rescued and saved us from such a perilous death, and He will still rescue and save us; in and on Him we have set our hope (our joyful and confident expectation) that He will again deliver us [from danger and destruction and draw us to Himself], While you also cooperate by your prayers for us [helping and laboring together with us]. Thus [the lips of] many persons [turned toward God will eventually] give thanks on our behalf for the grace (the blessing of deliverance) granted us at the request of the many who have prayed. 2 Cor. 1:8-11 Amplified
P.S. Don't forget to vote this coming Tuesday!!! I have already voted; I did mine by absentee ballot since I haven't changed my voter's registration yet. This is an important election, and will literally change the history of this nation and the world. Let your voice be heard!!! And go read Hannah's blog post from Thursday; I echo her words. The link is on the side of my blog.
5 comments:
Thanks for sharing that Lauren! I needed it today. In fact, I needed it this very moment.
Miss you and love you girl! You're in my prayers.
Oh, Lauren, me, too. I get so burdened and weigh down until I "despair even of life itself"...because I forget who my true enemy is and that he wants to destroy me.
Thanks for the timely reminder...it meant so much!
I'm voting definitely...and you know for who:)
Praying for you, girl!
Hang in there, sis!
Hey, don't feel alone in your struggles. At times we all despair of life itself and are under all-out attack -- makes it hard to even function. But you're right, it's just the devil trying to crush out a rising opposition, and as soon as it passes we can really rejoice! Thank the Lord!
~ B.
Thanks everybody!! I appreciate your prayers, and am glad that I was able to encourage you, too!
Love to all,
Lauren
Post a Comment