Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Words of Hope

From the book Streams in the Desert:

"God knows that you can withstand your trial, or else He would not have given it to you. His trust in you explains the trials of your life, no matter how severe they may be. God knows your strength, and He measures it to the last inch. Remember, no trial has ever been given to anyone that was greater than that person's strength, through God, to endure it."

"Your crown of glory is hidden in the heart of these things- the hardships and trials pressing in on you this very hour, week, and month of your life. Yet the most difficult things are not those seen and known by the world but those deep within your soul, unseen and unknown by anyone except Jesus. It is in this secret place that you experience a little trial that you would never dare to mention to anyone else and that is more difficult for you to bear than martyrdom.
Beloved, your crown lies there. May God help you to overcome and to wear it."


******
I probably won't be able to post again before Thanksgiving, so I want to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving. To all of my family: I love and miss you and wish I could come see you. To you people who go shopping the day after Thanksgiving, please be extra kind to all those poor people who have to work. And remember me in your prayers. I'm scared to death. Eight days and counting...

No comments: