Monday, September 6, 2010

If You Want Me To

This song by Ginny Owens is my heart's song right now:


The pathway is broken and the signs are unclear,
And I don’t know the reason why You brought me here.
But just because You love me the way that You do,
I’m gonna walk through the valley, if You want me to.

‘Cause I’m not who I was when I took my first step,
And I’m clinging to the promise You’re not through with me yet.
So if all of these trials bring me closer to You,
Then I will go through the fire, if You want me to.

It may not be the way I would have chosen,
When You lead me through a world that’s not my home.
But You never said it would be easy,
You only said I’d never go alone.

So when the whole world turns against me,
And I’m all by myself,
And I can’t hear you answer my cries for help,
I’ll remember the suffering Your love put You through.
And I will go through the valley, if You want me to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about that one the other day, too. :) ~ B.

HR said...

It's so great your embracing the "single" life, Lauren!

The only way to really live fully is to embrace the present season.

Not that it's always easy and fun and wonderful, but I have learned that it brings the most true JOY.

Lauren said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement, Hannah! I have been thinking about you lately; you are such an inspiration to me! Your example is what pushes me on. :)

Yes, I am seeking to live in the present moment instead of looking back to how things used to be or longing for the future and how things could be. I am beginning to see the true JOY that it can bring.

HR said...

Awww...that's sweet, Lauren. If I've been an inspiration I am so glad and so grateful to God!