Saturday, December 18, 2010

Letters from War, Part 4

I always enjoy getting emails from dad. He has also called me three times, and even sent me a Christmas card - a funny picture of his crew. It made me smile. Here is another email...edited only for security reasons. I have kept his spelling, punctuation, and capitalization lol.

Hey there Crew,
I have been extremely tired after the last few missions. I'm not sure why but, I know I'm not as young and tough anymore. Even the young tough guys are exhausted too though. We have had long days with physically demanding missions. Tonight should not be so hard. I did get off in time to go to the USO tour show. Robin Williams was there and the Country Singer, Kix Brooks of Brooks and Dunn, along with some other comedians. Only 5 from our Squadron were allowed to go. Out of 5, [another guy] and I from our crew were picked. So we wore our Santa hats and somehow ended up on the front row right in front of the Microphone. It was pretty fun. We tryed not to steal the show! It just amazes me that these people would actually come all the way over here to this dusty dirty place to entertain us! They have to sleep in tents with no bathroom too! Pretty unusual circumstances for Celebrities...
Love you, see you soon.
Dad

No comments: