SheReadsTruth
Day 3, Ephesians 2:1-10
I obviously love this passage! So powerful and life-changing!
vs. 2 - Amplified Bible
"the sons of disobedience [the careless, the rebellious, the unbelieving, who go against the purposes of God]."
My unbelief (distrust, lack of faith) is disobedience that goes against the purposes of God. How tragic.
vs. 3
"obeying the impulses of the flesh and the thoughts of the mind [our cravings dictated by our senses and our dark imaginings]."
I am living in obedience to the flesh? How disgusting. How hopeless.
But God...
vs. 4, 5
"But God - so rich is He in His mercy! Because of and in order to satisfy the great and wonderful and intense love with which He loved us, Even when we were dead (slain) by [our own] shortcomings and trespasses, He made us alive together in fellowship and in union with Christ; [He gave us the very life of Christ..."
Crazy love. I can't fully understand or explain it. My heart is overwhelmed by it, and yet I want more of it. I must have more.
"I stand amazed at Your love for me,
That lonely night in Gethsemane.
This sinner's heart can't help but thrill,
To hear You pray 'Father, not My Will.'
What depth of love! What reach of grace!
Oh how my grateful heart now aches
To sing it louder the refrain,
Jesus died, my soul to save!"
Jesus Died My Soul to Save by Pocket Full of Rocks

No comments:
Post a Comment