Friday, September 5, 2008

Hello out there

Hey Everybody! I’m excited because I get a TWO DAY WEEKEND!!! YAY!!! Just thought you’d like to know… :p

This fall weather is amazing, but alas! I’m not ready for it and not really able to enjoy it because I don’t have fall clothes with me! They are still packed away in boxes back home. ;( I may get to go home next weekend, so if I can just shiver my way through the rest of this week and next week then I can be happy in some comfy autumn attire. lol!

I’ve really felt a burden lately for some friends who are going through tough times. Having been through rough waters (and still experiencing them), I know how overwhelming life is. I wish I could have the perfect words to say to comfort them. I so wish I could somehow make their pain and troubles vanish, and make life easy for them. But I know that God has reasons for things that happen in our lives, and I know that if we didn’t experience the shadows, we wouldn’t appreciate the sunshine. These seem like such empty words to someone who is hurting and depressed, but I want you to know, there is a reason. You are not struggling in vain. God has a plan, and His plan is for your good and not for harm; He will get you through this.


Does Sorrow lay his hand upon your shoulder,
And walk with you in silence on life’s way,
While Joy, your bright companion once, grown colder,
Becomes to you more distant day to day?
Run not from the companionship of Sorrow,
He is the messenger of God to thee;
And you will thank Him in His great tomorrow—
For what you do not know now, you then will see;
He is God’s angel, clothed in veils of night,
With whom “we walk by faith” and “not by sight.”

Streams in the Desert, 2 Corinthians 5:7 KJV

No comments: