Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tough Decisions

“I wish I could be a little girl again!”

I finally said what I told myself I would never say. I always wanted to grow up and be an adult, but at this stage in my life, it’s not very enjoyable. There are so many hard, hard decisions to make. So many unanswered questions. So many confusing choices. How does a girl know what to do?

Yes, I found myself wishing I could be a little girl again when my only cares were about doll clothes, crayon colors, and ice cream flavors. Ahh… the simple life.

But I’m in reality; I’m an adult; and there’s no looking back. Now I’ll get to the real reason for this post. All this reminiscing started with a tough decision my family was making last week.

You might remember me talking about a house we found (exactly three months ago today!) that we wanted to buy. However it was in foreclosure and wasn’t on the market yet, so we decided to wait it out. So we waited…and waited…and waited…and still no word. Dad finally started looking around again for more options, and a couple weeks ago, we found a promising house. It’s for rent and basically meets the long list of criteria we have. Long story short, if we had found it 3 or 4 months ago, we would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. But now we are hesitating because we have an amazing house that we would like to buy, we just don’t know how long it’s going to take. We thought about it for a while, and then finally discussed our predicament in great detail Wednesday night. The conclusion: we need to be together as a family; we need a house. So, Dad took the plunge and called the owner of the rent house. The owner is a good, Christian man of good standing in the community, and he is very understanding of our situation. Although he would prefer a one-year lease, he is fine with us moving in for a few months until our “dream house” comes on the market. Of course, if we aren’t able to buy that house (and we have no guarantee we will…hmmm…seems that’s how dreams go), then we will still have the rent house, and he even said he would be willing to sell it to us!

Okay, that probably got a little confusing there, so go ahead and read it again to try to make sense of it. I know it’s really complicated. Try living it out! lol!

So, I just wanted to pass along the latest word. We feel that God has given this rent house to us “for such a time as this.” We will probably be able to move in sometime next weekend (the 5th or 6th) and will stay for as long as God wants us there. If God never allows us to have the other house- my dream house!- I’m okay with that. sigh :)

What’s new in your world? lol!

No comments: