Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Welcome to the Real World

I had to work on Labor Day.

Not only that, but all my family was back home, so this was my first time to spend a holiday all by myself and working. And it was a long, hard day at work, too. Yeah, I can hear some of you now, “Well, welcome to the real world, Lauren!!” Thanks, I’ve been officially welcomed. I never would have made it through the day on my own, especially since I was feeling sick (I don’t know if it was because of homesickness or stress or what), but once again, God’s grace was enough to get me through the work day.

The holiday wasn’t a complete tragedy though lol! I went to see my best friend on Sunday; they are like my second family, and I’m so glad I’ve got someone up here that I know. I’m not all alone in this big world after all. :)

God has closed another door on our house situation. Dad and I went to look at 3 houses last Friday, and he was seriously considering renting one of them, even though there were some cons involved. However, we got a call on Sunday that the owner decided to rent it to someone else. I was actually relieved, and that once again confirmed to me that God is in control and has a plan. Somewhere out there, there’s a home waiting for my family. Someday we’ll get a call that will solve all these problems. Somehow all this chaos will melt away.



“This is what God is teaching us, and He has to keep results that are encouraging away from us until we learn to trust Him without them. Then He loves to make His Word as real to us as in actuality it is in our faith.”
~ A. B. Simpson




1 comment:

HR said...

I'm glad your doing well, Lauren! It's been great reading through your last few posts and catching u with you! Many, many blessings as you continue to walk the path God has laid for you!