Thursday, July 22, 2010

reality seems surreal

I found out tonight that one of my friends was killed in Iraq. I haven't seen him for a few years, but have known him since the second grade. I was best friends with his sister.

It doesn't seem real. I can't believe it is happening. I can't believe I am old enough to lose a friend in a war. I never would have imagined this could happen. My heart aches for his sister. He was her best friend and protective older brother. They both served in Iraq together. He was there for the second time. Twenty-two years old and his life is over.

It is so strange to think that the kid I used to play with and go to class with is no longer living. It is just so surreal...

I found a video of his service online and watched it tonight. What a testimony he has. I am proud of him and his sacrifice for our country and our Lord. He was a good soldier of the United States and of Jesus Christ.

Please pray for the family of Jordan Tuttle.

No comments: