I started doing a devotion with an online community SheReadsTruth. It is a study of Ephesians and I thought I would share my journal entry from Day 1 with you. I had a revelation by way of interesting analogy and was quite excited about this new insight. It made sense in my head, but I'm scared to actually publish it. However, I feel like God wants me to share it so maybe someone else needs to hear it. Here goes...
*Spoiler Alert: I reference the movie October Baby so if you haven't seen it, this may give away some of the story line. If you haven't seen the movie, you should. Period. Make it a date with a Kleenex box.
Day 1: Ephesians 1:1-14
I am blessed. I am chosen. I am holy and blameless. I am adopted.
It's kinda like the story in the movie October Baby. She was adopted after a failed abortion attempt and had a lot of physical and emotional problems to deal with.
The Fall of Adam and Eve brought death into this world, so we have all been born into death. Satan tried to abort us. He didn't want us in the world and he has been seeking to destroy us ever since. But God wanted us. Every one of us. He adopted us when we were struggling to live. He gave us a second chance at life. Because we bear in our flesh the marks of death, we will struggle - physically, emotionally, spiritually, relationally. But if we embrace the Truth - God's Truth - of what has been done for us, we can be set free. Free to live an abundant life; free to reach out to others; free to heal and be healed.
By the way, the reason satan's abortion attempt failed is because God put His Precious Son, Jesus, in the womb with us. The Son saved us through His death so we could live.
Failed abortion. Redeemed life. Adopted child.
"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing." Revelation 5:12
2 comments:
Wow. That was awesome.
Thanks! I am really enjoying this study and am hoping to post more of my discoveries. :)
Post a Comment