Friday, August 29, 2008

Solid Ground

Well, I’m finally getting around to updating! I meant to do this sooner, but have actually been busy lately and haven’t had the chance. lol! I’m not as bored as I once was!

I enjoyed spending time with my family when they came for a visit, but it made me pray even harder that God would provide a house for us VERY SOON so we can all be together again. Is it wrong to beg God that He would do something right now? I think it’s okay to bring our requests to Him, but He wants us to be willing to accept His timing. So, I ask Him in full faith knowing that He could grant my requests in a heartbeat, but trusting Him to move in His timing. I know I’m where God wants me to be, and although I can’t understand why He hasn’t answered this prayer yet, I know that He must have an amazingly important reason for the delay! The house I’m praying fervently about is the one in foreclosure that we found two months ago. The bank must not be in a hurry. grrrrr We’ve been looking for a house for 7 months now, so, like I said, there must be a good reason…

You’ve been asking how I’m doing. I think I’m doing well. I haven’t had a meltdown (although when I saw a license plate from my home state, I almost cried). I’ve been blessed with God’s “peace that passes all understanding.” I discovered that once I took that leap of faith, that jump into the unknown that was so scary, I landed on Solid Ground. I don’t know how to describe it, but God has not let me fall, He hasn’t left me stranded, He has only proved even more to me just how faithful He truly is. He has given me new visions for ministry opportunities here, and I’m so excited about getting involved in my new community. I want to encourage you, dear friend, if you are struggling with a “leap of faith” that God has asked you to take, just do it!! I believe you will find your feet on solid ground also, and will be amazed at what God will do for those who hold nothing back. My relationship with God has only grown stronger, and everyday He increases my faith in so many little ways.

On a lighter note, I have now been officially “initiated” at work; ie, the stockmen have scared me. Apparently, they think that’s a requirement for employment there, so they hide around corners or sneak up behind you. Oh boy.

I have the day off today because I’m working tomorrow (I can hardly believe I’m finishing up my second week of work here!). Dad and I are going to go look at some more houses today. It’s so strange spending this much time with my dad. I have seen him everyday for a week now. I don’t think I’ve seen him that frequently since last Christmas!


Here’s something from the devotional “Streams in the Desert” that I’m reading. Hope it encourages you like it did me.

Too many of us want to see our way through a new endeavor before we will even start. Imagine if we could see our way from beginning to end. How would we ever develop our Christian gifts? Faith, hope, and love cannot be picked from trees, like ripe apples. Remember, after the words “in the beginning” (Gen 1:1) comes the word “God.” It is our first step of faith that turns the key in the lock of His powerhouse. It is true that God helps those who help themselves, but He also helps those who are helpless. So no matter your circumstance, you can depend on Him every time.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"So, I ask Him in full faith knowing that He could grant my requests in a heartbeat, but trusting Him to move in His timing." That really ministered to me Lauren. Thanks for the post! Praying for you!