Thursday, November 11, 2010

Letters from War


I have become the road builder here. There was a big puddle in front of our hooch that every one was annoyed with, so yesterday I started picking up the larger rocks from around our B huts and filling in the hole. Every one thought it was funny at first. I told them this is how the Romans did it. One of the guys said that's probably how the first Pyramid got started, with a mud hole in front of Pharaohs hooch. but then some people started helping me and soon we had the whole thing filled up. One of my friends said ' bet you wish you had one of your dads backhoes'. I had found a shovel and a bucket buy then so I said it was an Afghani backhoe! I guess the First Sergent and Chief had been trying to get a load of gravel hauled in for a while. The First Sergent came buy tonight and told me the Chief was impressed and wanted me to fill in some more holes.
Today we hauled a certain 4 Star around all day. You can probably guess who? ...Alot of press. Ate breakfast with the Britts and lunch with the Italians and Spaniards! Fun Fun! We'll see who needs a ride tomorrow?
Good to hear from you!
Love, Dad

No comments: