Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Update

I got an email from my dad this morning saying that they made it back with "partial success."

Thanks for the prayers, please keep it up! I know that his unit is wearing down from the numerous deployments recently. Even though they don't stay over there long, they go frequently, and I think my dad was dreading it this time. I got to talk to him on the phone for the first time on Sunday, and his voice sounded different. I could tell he was tired, but there was something else that I couldn't quite put my finger on. I think he is ready to be home.

On a side note, he said it is hard for them to get good spaghetti sauce over there, so if you are sending a care package to the troops, you might slip in a jar of spaghetti sauce. I'm sure they would appreciate it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:( Guess I wasn't praying hard enough. I guess it doesn't always work out.