Saturday, January 29, 2011

wish come true

All I wanted for my birthday was to be with my family. So last weekend I borrowed a company pickup (since the weather was supposed to be bad up there) and headed for Mom and Dad's. The roads were fine driving up there, but they got about 6 or 7 inches of snow while I was there...on top of the snow they already had on the ground. They canceled church, so we had our own church service and stayed home all day. It was nice being snowed in! :) I got more time with my family and got to wear my pajamas all day. It was also a good thing, because I was still not fully recovered from my sickness, so I was only running about 50%. I couldn't have done anything if I wanted to; it was pretty pathetic actually. Despite all that, I had a good birthday - I think it was just because I got to be with my family again. The weekend went by fast, and I was back on the road before I wanted to be. Now I will just look forward to next time I get to see them.

Here's a little trivia: I have lived in a different house each year for the last five birthdays. Wonder where I will be next year?? And for some reason, 23 seems sooo much more older than 22. I'm not sure why that is, but I just feel so old...

p.s. I had to change my layout from the Christmas one I had on here, but I'm not sure I like the snowflakes. Too cold...it might not stay on here long! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know! I felt the same way when I turned 23... just wait 'till you hit the next one! ;P ~ B.

Lauren said...

I am actually looking forward to 24...it's my favorite number! And I decided I might as well make 25 exciting too.