...I put in 40 hours at work; haven't done that in about 6 weeks.
...I realized I have put 10,000 miles on my car since I bought it 7 months ago.
...I went to a Taste of Home Cooking Show with my aunt and cousin (and then to Panera for pastries afterwards!).
...I spent some time with a bunch of family who came Friday to celebrate my grandma's birthday.
...I got to hold my cousin's baby. :) :) :)
...I slept in until 9:45am Saturday!!!
...I had a really good conversation with my cousin about life in the twenties and all of the struggles, uncertainties, and major upheavals that it brings. She really encouraged me to keep pushing through all the junk and she helped me gain a new perspective.


These pictures I took on my phone don't do Bodey justice...he is way cuter than my phone is depicting! He is almost 6 months old and is such a content little boy. I will never get tired of his smile.
Kid therapy. That's what I call it. There's just something about them that helps my heart when I'm struggling. They remind me that there is still something to smile about. Praise God for new life. How very, very precious each one is! I know busy mommies long for a moment of quiet and time alone, but since I live alone I cherish the few moments that I have with kiddos. Wednesday nights with the 3-5 year olds and the funny things they say and do - yes, that's the highlight of my week. Even this week when I was so tired from the "stuff" of this week, I still dragged myself in there. I was so glad I did; they made me smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment