Something really weird happened to me last night…actually I think it was early this morning. I think it happened in my dream, but I’m not sure. It could have been when I was in my half-asleep state at 4 a.m. (I have been waking up at the same time every morning for the last few days now and I have no idea why. I go through my prayer list thinking that maybe there is someone who needs prayer at four in the morning. If it is you, let me know!! I am quite puzzled by this strange occurrence that seems to be becoming a habit.)
I remember thinking “Today is March 2nd.” That thought (whether conscious or not) was then followed by a deep impression that the date was important. As if some life-changing event in my history happened on that date. I shuffled through all available files in my brain (for some reason, it doesn’t seem like very many files are available in the middle of the night) for a clue as to the significance of March 2nd.
No birthdays...no anniversaries…certainly not a holiday.
3/2/11?? Is it because the numbers descend numerically? No, that’s not it…something deep inside is telling me something happened on this date. Must have been traumatic because it’s keeping me awake!
I kept pondering this as I got ready for work a few hours later.
Suddenly, while I was at work, at 8:35 a.m., it came to me: March 2, 2009 was my first day at the accounting firm. Yep, that was traumatic!
I was so naïve as I walked through those doors on that morning two years ago. Who in their right mind would start a new job at an accounting firm a mere 13 days before corporate returns are due and precious few weeks before personals? I was in for the ride of my life and no one even told me to hold on tightly!
Some words that come to mind are: pandemonium, chaos, breakdown, C-R-A-Z-Y.
What was I thinking??? Someone please remind me again why I love accounting and cried tears of joy when I landed this job??
Go ahead, you can laugh. I am too…now. I had so much to learn, and that little girl that walked in there that day didn’t even know what hit her. I came out of it a changed person, and I have sooo much experience now. I am very grateful not only for that, but that God carried me through every step of every day. I would not have survived otherwise.
I wouldn’t re-do it. I would certainly not want to re-live those days, but I don’t think I would file an amendment and go back to change it if I was given the chance. God knows what He is doing, and I am quite sure that the experience I gained will continue to come in handy.
My condolences and best wishes to all accountants during this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment