Friday, July 4, 2008

Freedom

What does freedom mean to you? I've been thinking about this a lot this week. I've thought of all the things I was able to do this week because I live in a free country.

  • Go to church and worship God
  • Pray in public over the food
  • Go to work and earn money without having to give all of it to the government
  • Listen to Christian music on the radio and my iPod
  • Wear a Christian t-shirt
  • Have 5 Bibles in my room
  • Blog about my faith
  • Take time off work to go see my dad and friends
  • Put gas in my own car
  • Sleep in my own bed in my own house
  • Sleep in peace without worrying about terrorists
  • Go to the airport to pick up my sisters who went on a mission trip
  • Watch a Christian movie

Some of these things are such simple things, but thousands of Americans have died for these everyday rights. Today there are empty chairs across our country. Please don't ever forget their sacrifice.

Happy Independence Day, America!

No comments: