Monday, July 7, 2008

The packing begins

I've started boxing up my stuff. I have about 7 boxes just of kitchen stuff!! And I still have 3 boxes of dishes I'm not taking! I'm kind of excited about it, but I'm also nervous. I'm facing the unknown yet again. I know this will be good for me, and I'll enjoy living up there...but I'm going to miss everything I'm leaving behind. I don't like saying goodbye. It's so hard to let go of what is behind me and welcome all the new things. Yet another journey of faith! I've gone through this before, so I know it's gonna be okay, but it also reminds me of how many friends I've had to leave behind through the years. The friendships are never the same. But, this is all part of God's plan, and I choose to believe that He has good things in store.

I would like to find a time to get together with my church friends and maybe have lunch and take pictures before I have to move. This month is going to be so busy I don't know if I can squeeze it in, but we'll see what happens. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sad that you guys are moving. I am probably moving to, but the difference is i am moving closer to church. There are so many people and memories that I will miss a lot. Luv and I'll miss you lots.

Maria

Lauren said...

Thanks, Maria! Yeah, I heard you would be moving, too. I'll be thinking about you guys. I know how stressful moving can be. I hope it all goes well. Keep in touch!
Love ya!

HR said...

Lauren~ Thinking about you as you enter this new season in life. Change can be scary - and I am always tempted to run back to the familiar - but before I know it the new becomes familiar! Funny how that happens. You will be missed! I know God has great things ahead for you!

Lauren said...

Thanks, Hannah!

Anonymous said...

I think I finally figured this out! I have a recliner if you need it.
Love you!