I'm back!!
It is so good to be back home! I took some of my stuff up to my dad’s apartment this last weekend. Mom, Kaley, and Chris left on Friday and took a load with them, but I had to work, so I went up Saturday and Julia came with me. Do you know what it’s like taking a 6 ½ hour trip with a 7 year old? :) It actually wasn’t that bad; she sat there quietly for about the first 30 minutes, but then I guess the novelty of taking a road trip with big sis finally wore off, and she pulled out her DVD player and watched a movie. I had my iPod, so we were both happy! lol! We stopped once for lunch and gas and then hit the road again. It rained on us half of the trip, but it was a nice rain, and Julia took a nap, so really, it was a good trip! I spent Saturday evening unpacking my kitchen and doing dishes (I still don’t get a dishwasher, but since the whole family isn’t moving up yet, I shouldn’t have to do too many dishes!) I turned in a job application yesterday before I headed back home, so I’m praying that everything works out. I brought Chris home with me...do you know what it’s like taking a 6 ½ hour trip with a 13 year old boy?? lol! Well, he had a DVD player, too, but he watched a war movie, and my iPod couldn’t quite drown out all the shouts, guns, and cannons so it was interesting... :p We got to stop and see our grandparents on the way and have dinner with them, which was a nice break. Oh yeah, and my car got about 28 mi/gal, which is pretty good for a Mustang, don’t ya think? BTW, I like my car! :)
Well, it’s back to work this week. Along with packing up more stuff, planning for the family vacation, and getting ready for friends who are staying the weekend! It’s going to be a busy week, but I’ll try to keep you updated...Have a great week!
The burden of suffering seems to be a tombstone hung around our necks. Yet in reality it is simply the weight necessary to hold the diver down while he is searching for pearls. ~Julius Richter
4 comments:
So glad things are going well for ya'll! I have been praying for you that the transition will be ab easy one.
Thanks Lauren! I definitely need the prayers!
Sorry I missed seeing you when you came through Miami. Did you see my truck?
Yes, I saw your truck; very sweet! You'll have to take me for a spin sometime. :)
Post a Comment