Thursday, July 24, 2008

A whole new world!

Well, I got my braces off yesterday, so life is good! I tried out my new metal-free teeth by eating a chicken sandwich and pizza, and found out that eating is amazingly easy! :) I'm really enjoying this new freedom. My sisters made me a cake and cupcakes to celebrate "getting your braces off" day so it was a fun day for me! It was an ordeal trying to get the expander out, but after a few minutes of yanking and pain, it was gone. I can whistle, click my tongue on the top of my mouth, and chew gum now! After my dentist appointment, I went shopping with my mom and sister which was a lot of fun, and then went to renew my driver's license. I didn't really want to do that since I'm going to be moving, but I had no choice, and it was all worth it for the amazing picture I got!! I love it! :) For my first DL, the pic was fine, but the plastic backing on the card started peeling off that night, so I had to take it back in and found out they had put it on backwards, so they had to issue a new card. For reasons unknown to me, they had to take my pic again, and I was soo not ready for that. I had gotten sunburned and by that time was peeling, so it was a horrible picture to say the least. But now all that is behind me, and I have a decent looking license until I have to change it after I move!



Here's a picture of the new Lauren, along with a "before" picture. I must tell you how humbling it is to post the "before" picture, since I think my teeth looked awful, but I thought you would enjoy seeing the difference. lol! Soo, here's what a few thousand dollars can do!



Before:






After!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and I got a new haircut, too! :)

5 comments:

Morgan Ruckel said...

Congrats, your teeth are beautiful. I can say from experience that it is a huge relief to get them off.
Enjoy your beautifulness. Morgan

Unknown said...

They look really nice. And I know that it is so worth the wait.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love your new look! You're fabulous. Congratulations.
~ Bandy

HR said...

Love it - the teeth, the hair!!! Good for you! I'm happy you are now "free"! :)

Anonymous said...

You look ma-ve-lous, darling! Can't wait to see you in person!