Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm still alive!

Our family vacation went really well, and everyone said they had a lot of fun. I'm relieved that it's over, but am looking forward to planning for next year! We had a great time of fellowship and made lots of memories. This was my first time to go to Branson, so it was really exciting. It's a fun place, but there are sooo many people there! I don't like crowds, and I certainly don't like driving in Branson, but it was a good experience, and I wouldn't mind going back! :) I even got to go to lunch with my friends because they were in Branson, too!

Life hasn't slowed down one bit. I'm trying to pack up the last of my stuff since I'll probably be moving next week. sigh It almost seems surreal. I feel kind of numb right now, because the emotions haven't hit me yet, but I know they are coming. I think when I actually get up there and start working is when it's going to be really hard.

Here's another excerpt from "Streams in the Desert" that really encouraged me:

"Be men of courage; be strong." (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Never pray for an easier life- pray to be a stronger person! Never pray for tasks equal to your power- pray for power equal to your tasks. Then doing your work will be no miracle- you will be the miracle. ~Phillips Brooks

Some people always avoid things that are costly, or things that require self-denial, self-restraint, and self-sacrifice. Yet it is hard work and difficulties that ultimately lead us to greatness, for greatness is not found by walking the moss-covered path laid out for us through the meadow. It is found by being sent to carve out our own path with our own hands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When were you in branson? We were in that area too this past week!

btw...I was wondering...Where are you working. I don't think you said and if you did I don't remember.

Lauren said...

We were in Branson Wednesday-Saturday. I knew you said you were going to be in Golden, but I didn't know how close that was to Branson.

I'm working for my grandparents right now, but since I'm moving, I've applied for a job at Hobby Lobby.