Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Life is a Highway

I never realized how much I took for granted the simple fact that my car would start every time I turned the key. The day before I was supposed to leave on the 400-mile trip for my job interview the battery in my car died, and I went from being a jump-starting novice to a seasoned pro by jumping my car 5 or 6 times in less than 24 hours. That put me a little behind schedule; we did have another battery we could put in my car, but by the time we did all the cleaning, charging, jumping, switching, more jumping, and finally installing, it was late. We had to drive all night to get there, so I got 5 hours of sleep and woke up with huge bags under my eyes the day of my interview (note to self: next time take eye cream and get at least 8 hours of sleep).

Now for the interview: it went well (despite the fact that I had to do an unexpected math test with a nervous and tired brain), and I now have a full-time position in the craft department at Hobby Lobby. I start this coming Monday, so it’s crunch time! I’m deep in the process of moving and everything that entails, while trying to retain at least a smidgen of composure! It’s not going to be a smooth ride, but I’m hoping things will settle down in a couple months, and maybe I can be back into a routine and add a little normalcy to life...whatever that means... I do feel very blessed that I am able to jump right into work without spending weeks off work searching. God is faithful to provide for my needs and bless me in amazing ways!

I’ll try to keep you posted as often as I can, but I won’t have internet access at my dad’s apartment, so I’ll be “fasting” from the worldwide web. I would appreciate your prayers. I’m facing a new world again and it seems to get harder as I get older.

Thanks for taking the time to read about my life. I know it’s not very fun or interesting, but I’m so glad to have people who care about how I’m doing. I love all of you!!

~Lauren

btw, my car did make up for all the trouble it caused by getting almost 30 mpg!!! Go Ford Mustangs! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got the job! We are goign to miss you so much though.

You know...you can go to the library sometime and update to keep us up to date on yoru life. *nods*

Love ya!

Lauren said...

It's nice to know I'll be missed, but I don't think you all will miss me as much as I will miss you. :(

Yes, after I get moved in, I'm going to set out in search of a library! It's just not as convenient as internet in your own home, ya know? But, it will work temporarily!

Love you, too!

HR said...

Lauren! So glad you got your car fixed and made it through the interview! I will keep you in my prayers. Have fun on this new adventure! You will be missed!!!